Arugula & Goat Cheese Beetwich
- 2 Beets
- 1/4 cup spreadable goat cheese
- 1/2 cup arugula
- dash olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices rustic bread or ciabatta
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Scrub the beets to clean, then coat with olive oil. Wrap in tin foil and roast at 400°F with a whole garlic clove and a sprig of rosemary for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Let cool, slice off roots and stems, peel and slice.
- Toast the rustic bread.
- Spread the goat cheese on the warm bread slices.
- Cover with arugula.
- Put the beet slices on the sandwich and drizzle with olive oil and a dash of lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.